The programme in Construction and civil engineering is a complete education according to the executive order with the purpose of qualifying the students to handle national and international occupations:
- critically acquire new knowledge in relevant engineering areas.
- translate technical, scientific and technical knowledge into practical usage in
connection with development tasks.
- independently solve occurring engineering jobs
- plan, realize and manage technical and technological constructions, work environmental consequences in the solution of technical problems.
- be part of cooperational and managerial functions and contexts at a qualified level along with people of different educational, linguistic and cultural backgrounds.
The purpose of the Construction and civil engineering study programme is that the graduates are qualified to describe, express and communicate problems and results in a scientific context as well as being able to apply scientific method. Furthermore they must be able to employ the results of national and international research, experimental and development work.
During the programme, such results of national and international research, experimental and development work will be included which are relevant to the profession and fit for contributing exemplary to developing and applying new professional knowledge.
Our Department of structural mechanics have a joint program awarding licensing degrees in both fields of study. A bachelors degree in construction and Master of Science in Industrial and Civil Engineering are awarded, after approximately 6 years of study. The departments work with individual students in tailoring a joint degree program. More information about working curriculum of all courses can be reviewed from CURRICULUM page.